Maine Black Bear Hunting
In the Famous Haynesville Woods
Providing only quality bear hunts in prime bear area. Includes 6 days bear hunting over bait, lodging, guide service, transportation to sites, bear retrieval, and meals. Fishing in local rivers and streams for brook trout and bass is available within walking distance (fishing license is required). For rifle hunts we recommend .30 caliber or larger and handguns no less than a .41 Magnum. Archers are welcome for bear hunting, please let us know if you plan to hunt archery. Maine Bear Hunting is second to none, please give us a call.
All inclusive price of $2,050.00
Price Includes All of the Following –
• 7 nights, 6 days of hunting
• Beds with linens
• Shower, running water, satellite TV
• Fishing within walking distance, brook trout and smallmouth bass
• 3 home cooked meals per day, lobster and steak Sunday night. Breakfast to order, eggs any style, pancakes, French toast, bacon etc. Huge lunch, hot meal after hunting
• Complete guide service
• All sites baited daily, 30 days in advance and every day during the season
• Guides will take you to the bait sites and pick you up, in a vehicle, either upon bagging an animal or at the end of legal light.
• Guides will track all animals
• Guides will retrieve all animals, transport to the tagging station, weigh and field dress, skin for mount etc.
• Hunter can be as involved as they desire or leave everything to the guide, it’s your hunt what makes you happy.
• Never more than 3 hunters per guide, personal service is our goal.
• Lodge is located on a paved road, never need to start your vehicle until you leave, your vehicle does not have to be driven on any gravel roads.
• 64+ bait sites, typically run 98% activity every day
• Often multiple bears at a site
• 130+ square miles of exclusive hunting area
• Never more than 12 hunters per week
• Ensures multiple fresh bait sites
• We have sites set up for bow, rifle, crossbow, pistol, muzzle loader, shotgun, whatever weapon you choose to use.
• Both ground blinds and tree stands are available if you have a preference.
• We have several freezers at the lodge, if one of your party tags out early the meat can be kept frozen until you are ready to leave.
• Coyote hunting can be arranged at no cost.
Price does not include –
• Meat processing
• Hunting License
• Bear Permit
• Fishing LicenseNo drug use at any time. Alcohol is not supplied. Absolutely no consumption of alcohol prior to hunting, it is tolerated in respectful moderation after hunting.
Arrival Sunday 3 PM, Departure following Sunday 10 AM. A $500.00 deposit is required at time of booking, $500.00 due April 1st in the year of your hunt; balance is due 60 days prior to hunt by check or in CASH upon arrival. All deposits are non-refundable.
Any cancellation with less than 90 days to your hunt will be responsible for the full cost of the hunt.
Call Cell Phone- 207-649-9975
2017 Season Dates:
Week 1 : Arrive on August 27th and Depart on September 3rd
Week 2 : Arrive on September 3rd and Depart on September 10th
Week 3 : Arrive on September 10th and Depart on September 17th
Week 4 : Arrive on September 17th and Depart on September 24th
Maine's Bear Harvest Reports -- 2007 to present
- 2007 Bear
- 2008 Bear
- 2009 Bear
- 2010 Bear
- 2011 Bear
- 2012 Bear
- 2013 Bear
- 2014 Bear
- 2015 Bear
- 2010 Bear Ages
- 2011 Bear Ages
- 2012 Bear Ages
- 2012 Bear Ages - Late
- 2013 Bear Ages
- 2013 Bear Ages- Late
- 2014 Bear Ages
- 2015 Bear Ages